The Tailor Review



The Tailor by Leigh Bardugo (18 pages)
My Rating: 4 Stars
Date Read: 2 September 2016

Synopsis:

New scene from Shadow and Bone told from Genya's point of view.

My Review:

There are going to be spoilers not only for this story, but also for the Grisha trilogy, so if you haven't read either of those, please turn away now!

I love Genya. She was one of my favorite characters in the Grisha Trilogy, so getting a story from her point of view is a gift!

Oh my goodness, I forgot how much of an instigator she is. When she runs into the other Grisha, it's hilarious to see her push their buttons. Granted, this is really the only way she is able to interact with them, but still, it's great. She's such a perfectionist too!

One thing I like about this story is that we get to see the reasons on why she acts as she does. We get to see the affects of the queen's constant abuse on her. How  the queen's betrayal from years before turned her into the soldier the Darkling turned her into.

I hate the queen. I hate how she betrayed Genya so harshly, especially when she knew exactly how the king would abuse Genya and how it would all eventually play out ON A CHILD, was abhorrent.

Darkling's still a dick, which is no surprise, but I love how the he gives Genya her power and strength back to her when she's in her darkest moments, even if it is mainly a manipulation.

One thing that was brought up that I would like to see in the next Six of Crows book is the stuff in Genya's workshop. Since Nina is also a heartrender, maybe she can get her hands on  some of that Ornamental Blade (Dekora Novich). It would be a lot of fun to see Nina stir up some more trouble with that stuff!!

One quote that I loved was from the last page when Genya said: "Because I am a pretty thing and a soldier all the same." It shows that girls can be pretty, strong, and mess people up all at the same time and not be ashamed of it one bit!

Thanks again Leigh for writing a scene for one of my favorite characters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annihilation Book One Review

Hey Guys

Extraordinary Means Review