Not A Drop to Drink Review

Not A Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis (309 pages)
My Rating: 4 Stars
Date Finished: 18 May 2015
Synopsis:
Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water. 

Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn’t leave at all.
Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.
But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….
With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own. 
Review:
I have to say, I enjoyed this novel. It was a quick read, too! It was a little hard for me to get into at first because the narrator was very unemotional and I didn’t know what to do with it. But after a bit, the action started to pick up and it went along very nicely. I wish that the ending didn’t feel so rushed and the epilogue gave a time frame with it, but I did enjoy it. I recommend this to anyone who likes dystopias and books without love triangles. I do have to warn you, keep some water nearby when you are reading it because there are a few points where I got really thirsty while reading! I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars because there were a few patches that felt a bit slow to me, but it was still really good! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annihilation Book One Review

Hey Guys

Extraordinary Means Review