Everything Everything Review


Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
My Rating: 5 Stars
Date Finished: 13 June 2015
Synopsis:
My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.
But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.
Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster. 

Rating:
This book doesn’t come out until September of 2015, but I was lucky enough to win an ARC at YA’ll West in Santa Monica earlier this year.
I really needed this book. I needed something cute with only hints of sadness. This could easily be compared to The Fault in Our Stars, being about a sick girl and all, but it is so different. Instead of being centered around death, it is centered around life and what it means to really be alive.
Yes, there were some parts that almost made me cry, but it was so good!
The characters were very beautifully written, there were no instances where it felt like the author was looking down on the characters. They were very much respected. They grew a lot as well. In such a short book, they were able to grow so much! The plot was excellently executed as well. It went by at a great pace and didn’t really have any dull points.
If you want to read a cute and quick book, pick this up! I recommend it to anyone who wants something relatively light to read after reading consecutive heavy books (by this I don’t mean in the actual weight, but the emotional toll for reading it).
When it comes out, please buy this book. Tell everyone you know to buy this book and if they can’t share your copy. This is Nicola Yoon’s first novel and it is important to show her that her book was awesome and that everyone loved it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annihilation Book One Review

Hey Guys

Extraordinary Means Review